Monday, April 6, 2009

Complete Phase 1, My first Triathlon!

Finally Phase #1 complete!
This weekend I competed in my first triathlon, the YMCA Spring Sprint.
750 Yard swim, 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run.
14:06 in the pool. 1 hour 17 min race finish! check out the official YMCA link to see the results http://www.ymcatvidaho.org/ymcaforms/Youth/Spring%20Sprint/SST_Division09.pdf

Since it was a sprint distance my pace was alot faster than my pace for the Ironman will be. It was great to compete, but more than anything I learned alot. Some important things that I can apply to my race and make more successful in June.
Worst part of the race for me was at T2 the first onehundred yards into the run my calves cramped up (specifically my right side) and I just continued to run them out until my legs loosened up and I could actually break into my stride.
All that is good and fine, except now two days later my right calf is extremely tight! Heat/Ice treatments, stretching, and foam rolling and I'm still walking like an old stiff man! ouch, this sucker hurts.

No comments: