Saturday, January 21, 2012

Has Your Training Begun?

Captin's Log, Jan 21 2012
Winter has finally set-in in Boise (and the Northwest)! I personally love this time of year as an avid snowboarder, and I'm ready to make some "freshies in the pow-pow"! But this time of year is also perfect to begin triathlon training, and preparing for the upcoming race season.

Now my personal Tri-Training Program is an 18week program, so technically my training for the 70.3 doesn't have to "start" until February. But that doesn't mean my training is on hold... Not even close! For the last two months my workouts have been consistant 3-4 x/per week and include 45-60 minute high intensity resistance training sessions.

I have also started, or at least just broke the ice, with my swim training by attending several swimming workshops with Performance High & FlowAquatics. And have completed two 35 minute Spinning workouts at A2O Fitness. (Now I know this is not nearly enough 'endurance' training to complete the 70.3) But because of my current fitness level and my ability to complete the high intensity workouts that I'm doing that I will be able to jump into longer endurance sessions in February!

Nutrition: that's another story, but I will say it's spot-on! and am excited to share more about that this week!

-AZ

1 comment:

@ustin said...

P.S. I currently weight 151.5 lbs. and checked in 7.5% BodyFat