Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Iron Horse

Sure the weather is decent for Extreme cyclists... but I don't consider myself one of those. It's frickn' January, I just can't get myself to bundle up and hit the pavement yet. Though cycling is my favorite of the disciplines of triathlon, right now my focus for cycling is creating my base endurance and get my legs ready to handle the real rides, so for now it's the SpinBike and indoor training.

The Workout:
Today I completed a 40 minute Spin Interval workout - every 5 minutes included a 60 second sprint hill climb at A2O Fitness.

Everything felt good, my legs handled the 40 minute spin session no problem, and my heart rate easily recovered from the hill sprints. Stretching and a HOT shower tonight, and I'll be ready for my next workout tomorrow! (I have got to get in the pool!!!!)

No comments: